Saturday, March 15, 2008

Wish I'd Bought In When I First Wanted To...

Gold futures soar to record above $1,000 an ounce

My buddy and I figured out long ago that it was high time to get out of any and all market-dependent investments (RRSPs, Mutual Funds, Pension Funds, etc.) and get into precious metals and coins.

But I didn't have the liquidity to act on it then. He did. He's gone on to make a good profit. Ergh.

At this point, people, it's not even worth it to have your savings in a bank. At any moment, the depression could hit, and when that happens, ALL savings will be wiped out - either blocked for withdrawal by the banks and the partners-in-crime, the government or the dollars that you can withdraw will be worthless.

I think silver is the place to be - gold just might be over-valued right now.

No comments: